When you visit the Site, we collect the following personal information about you.
- Contact information, such as your name, address, email, telephone number, and organization name.
- Unique identifiers and preference information such as your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, and your navigation and clickstream behavior from actions that you take on our website.
Fertility Access collects this information ourselves and share it as needed with our partners solely for their performance of contracted services for us. We may also collect information for marketing, user experience monitoring and improvement, and related business purposes. We never sell information that we collect.
You may be asked to submit personal information if you register for an event, access our free content, or make similar requests. Examples of free content include webinars, case studies, videos, blogs, and white papers. We use this information to contact you about your request or provide you with requested content.
We use various technologies to collect personal information about visitors to the Site. As is true of most websites, these technologies include the following:
- Web Logging. Fertility Access maintains web logs to record data about all visitors who use the Site and we will store this information. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and/or clickstream data. All web logs are stored securely and are accessible to a very limited number of employees and contractors as required. Those with access to this data adhere to strict guidelines regarding user data security and privacy.
- Cookies and other tracking technologies. Fertility Access uses technologies such as: cookies, tags, and scripts. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, remembering users’ settings, administering the Site, tracking users’ movements around the Site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. In doing this, we may install “cookies” that collect the domain name of the user, your internet service provider, your operating system, and the date and time of access. A cookie is a small piece of information, which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer or other device. Cookies do not damage your device. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. This will enable you to decide if you want to accept it or not. If you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use all functionality of your browser software or this Site. We may obtain the services of outside parties to assist us in collecting and processing information collected through cookies. For more information on how to control or delete cookies, we recommend you visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for additional guidance.
- Do Not Track (DNT). DNT is a privacy preference that users can set if they do not want websites to collect information about their online activity. However, there is currently no universal standard for sending and receiving DNT signals. Due to this lack of universal standard, it would be impossible for us to promise that we comply with all known and unknown DNT standards. Therefore, we do not respond to DNT signals or other mechanisms that provide a choice regarding the collection of personal information about activities over time and across different websites. If a universal standard for DNT becomes available, we may revisit our DNT policy.
Submit, Access, Adjust, or Remove Your Information
If you would like to access, correct, amend, remove, obtain a copy, or limit the use of any personal information about you that has been collected and stored by Fertility Access, please notify us using the contact information provided below so that we may respond to your request. We will respond to your request at our earliest convenience and in compliance with applicable law.
You have the ability to opt in to receiving messages from Fertility Access, to opt out of receiving direct marketing or market research information, or to adjust your specific email preferences.
To opt in to emails, adjust your email and data preferences, or to opt out of further communications, email Beth Holder (Beth.Holder@fertilityaccessprogram.com).
By actively opting in to emails from Fertility Access, you agree that your information may undergo processing including updating your record to reflect your affirmative request to receive emails and tracking within those emails such as when you open them and when you click on links. We use that data to determine which content resonates with you to personalize your experience with Fertility Access and for other marketing purposes, such as determining your interest in infertility services. If you do not want to have your data processed in this manner, you can opt out of emails from Fertility Access or you can abstain from opting in to communications. We include a link to change your email preference or opt out on all marketing communications.
Sharing of Information
As a Business Associate of the Network Practices, which are Covered Entities under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act and its implementing regulations, as amended by the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act (collectively, “HIPAA”), Fertility Access maintains protected health information in compliance with HIPAA and our contractual obligations to the Network Practices.
Security of Information Collected
Fertility Access uses account information in a password-protected environment as a security measure to protect your data. We use administrative, physical, and technology safeguards to ensure confidentiality and integrity of data through audit controls, access controls, and data encryption. We also use industry standard SSL/TLS encryption to enhance security of electronic data transmissions.
Disclosures In Accordance With Law
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights:
- The right to request, up to 2 times in a 12-month period, that we identify to you (1) the categories of personal information we have collected, disclosed or sold about you in the last 12 months, (2) the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected, (3) the business purpose for which we use this information, and (4) the categories of third parties with whom we share or have shared your personal information in the last 12 months;
- The right to request, up to 2 times in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you, free of charge, the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months;
- The right to request, up to 2 times in a 12-month period, that we delete personal information that we collected from you, subject to certain exceptions;
- The right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties;
- The right to designate an authorized agent to submit one of the above requests on your behalf;
- The right to not be discriminated against in receiving different or less favorable pricing, service or financial incentive for exercising any of the above rights.
Our Services are not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not provide your personal information. We do not knowingly collect personal information from any person under the age of 18.
Fertility Access is headquartered in the United States of America and our Site is primarily directed to visitors who are located in the United States. Our collection and use of your personal information is subject to applicable United States privacy laws.
ATTN: Security Officer
9600 Blackwell Rd., Suite 500, Rockville, MD 20850.
EFFECTIVE DATE (LAST UPDATED ON): JULY 7, 2022